You should write a blog dedicated to your awkward teaching stories. I know there are lots. and I need more laughing (at you) in my life.”

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

So a few days ago I asked one of my students if he had finished his review packet yet and his response was, "Don't worry about it, baby."
"Um, did you just call me baby?"
"I talk to all my women that way"
At which point, I told him he needed to step out into the hallway where I had a three minute conversation covering everything that was wrong with calling his teacher baby and why I was not and did not appreciate being called his woman.

On that note, I'm getting better at keeping a straight face, which really isn't saying too much.

On a slightly other note, where was the attention from high school boys 8 years ago? I mean, I think I got hit on more the first two weeks as a teacher than my entire college career.

No comments:

Post a Comment