You should write a blog dedicated to your awkward teaching stories. I know there are lots. and I need more laughing (at you) in my life.”

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Need a Ride

So my janitor has been sick for the last week, and needles to say my floor was absolutely disgusting.  The ease at which students can trash a classroom does not bode well for the future of our environment, btw.  Yesterday I decided something needed to be done.  I grabbed our pink broom from the stock room and after about, eh, two sweeps, the broom snaps in half.  I took it out in the hallway during passing periods to show off my supreme sweeping strength and one of the other teachers asked me "Did your ride break down?". "Haha yeah, house fell on it." So anyways, I ended up sweeping my room Quasimodo style.  It is kind of unfortunate however that I actually totaled my car on the ride to school this morning. Winner.

1 comment:

  1. firstly, "needles to say" made me imagine your classroom floor covered in hypodermic needles.

    Also, my car was totaled on the ride HOME from school. They really do not pay us enough, do they :(

    ReplyDelete